From: Guenther Fuchs (vserver_at_muh.at)
Date: Sat 20 Aug 2005 - 16:44:04 BST

Hi there,

on Freitag, 19. August 2005 at 16:57 on the list was posted:

> see my previous reply ...
>
> best,
> Herbert

Me's experiencing similiar probs on a 1.2.10 sourced to 2.0 ported
VServer guest:

based on the docs I've created a new config for the 1.2.10 proper
running system and then simply tried to start this. The only thing I'm
receiving is the same error Subhabrata receives.

Setup:
guest: Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg), created on 2.4.30-vs1.2.10
  (i386/Celeron system)
new host: FC4 based kernel

ls -R on config:
----- snip ------
.:
flags fstab interfaces name nice run scripts uts vdir

./interfaces:
00

./interfaces/00:
bcast dev ip mask prefix

./scripts:
post-stop pre-start

./uts:
nodename
----- snap ------

pre-start and post-stop containing mount and umount commands that work
properly; even on removing those commands the same error is shown:

---- snip ----
vcontext: execvp("/etc/rc.d/rc"): Exec format error

An error occured while executing the vserver startup sequence; when
there are no other messages, it is very likely that the init-script
(/etc/rc.d/rc 3) failed.

Common causes are:
* /etc/rc.d/rc on Fedora Core 1 and RH9 fails always; the 'apt-rpm' build
  method knows how to deal with this, but on existing installations,
  appending 'true' to this file will help.

Failed to start vserver 'test.xxx'

Any ideas on the probable source of this error?

--
regards,

Guenther Fuchs