From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Tue 16 Aug 2005 - 22:16:37 BST

I've returned after a week-end and a two day trip to wilds but was
disappointed that my problems with vs2 had not magically fixed themselves.

I've followed the instructions for FC3 --
http://linux-vserver.org/FedoraCore3_HowTo -- only deviating where
versions are different and with the addition of getting a known good
.config ( from the OpenVPS site ) to build the vserver kernel.

When I get to building a new guest I keep getting the error about not
finding glibc ( this using the '-m apt-rpm' switch ).

After reading _much_ more I've found the vserver-build.yum script and am
attempting to build a guest as I type. This just completed but I got lots
of warnings about an insecure yum. With a solution of applying some
patches and rebuilding or pestering the author to do it.

Now when I try vserver-stat I get a warning about procfs-security.
Using the link and following through I get the impression this should not
be happening with with the 2.6 kernel and vs2.0.

Sorted that out with vprocunhide but now getting an error about
/etc/rc.d/rc and level 3 ...

The "fix" -- to append true to the end of the file didn't work.

So my question is has anyone got a Fedora Core ( 3 ) vserver and guests
running? Fedora Core only because I don't currenyly have the time to
install some other distribution. Besides great as "xxx" distribution is
there are a lot of Fedora/REL/CentOS installs out there.

Rod