From: Matthew Nuzum (matt.followers_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat 13 Aug 2005 - 21:25:10 BST

> I wanted to have a DMZ and installed an additional network card to bind
> all these vservers to. But then I discovered the dummy device and want
> to change eth1 against dummy0 (after installing the dummy module ;-)
> and remove the additional network card from the server if it can be done.
>
> But first I want to know, if this is common =good) practice. Or should I
> rather tinker with bridge and tun devices? The mailing list shows many
> things possible (vlan, bridge, dummy), but I can't see, what the best
> practices are.
>
> If I can gather all th information needed, the I am willing to write
> some doku in the wiki at linux-vserver.org :-)

Dirk,

If you feel capable and have the time, I suspect many would enjoy reading a
mini "how to" explaining the set up of a virtual LAN like you're doing.

It seems like the subject comes up often enough for it to be a useful
reference.

--
Matthew Nuzum <matt_at_followers.net>
www.followers.net - Makers of "Elite Content Management System"