From: Micah Anderson (micah_at_riseup.net)
Date: Fri 12 Aug 2005 - 18:00:22 BST

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, John Goerzen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Herbert was advising me on IRC to not use 0.30.207 with a new vs2.0
> installation because 207 is broken upstream, and because the Debian
> package adds some additional brokenness.
>
> So I have two questions:
>
> 1) Has anyone made 0.30.208 debs?

The debian maintainer is working on .208 debs now:

> 2) Does anyone know what this additional brokenness in the Debian
> packages is?

Part of the problem is .207 is several months old, and many things were
fixed between that release and .208, in fact there are additional fixes that
Bertl have done for .208.

I am not aware of Debian specific package brokenness, but I would like to
know if there are such things so we can file bugs and get those fixed, poste
haste.

micah