From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Fri 12 Aug 2005 - 13:44:44 BST

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 02:40:11PM +0200, Francois Deppierraz wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 12:58:15PM +0200, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
>
> > hmm ... sounds like sudden memory corruption (or well,
> > maybe not so sudden) but it looks more like a hardware
> > issue to me (maybe overheating, or dying cpu/memory)
>
> I already changed the memory without effect...
>
> Do you know a way to test the CPU without shutdown ?

compile a known working kernel several times ... if
that succeeds without any segfaulting, then cpu and
memory are probably fine ...
(on the host)

> The strange thing is that everything else is running well (apache,
> qmail, mysql, etc.). I restarted them on the host using chroot, the box
> was hosting a single important vserver.

hmm, maybe your box was rooted, and the segfaults are
because some kernel exploit isn't working as expected
(because of the changed structures) ...

(just something which came to my mind :)