From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Fri 12 Aug 2005 - 02:07:18 BST

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 02:59:40AM +0200, Andreas John wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I tried to build aplah tools on Debian Sid. I apt-ed libbeecrypt6
> libbeecrypt6-dev, hoping to be able to build 'vhashify' of 208 plus
> herbert's patches.
>
> But make says:
>
> checking for sys/capability.h... yes
> checking beecrypt/beecrypt.h usability... yes
> checking beecrypt/beecrypt.h presence... yes
> checking for beecrypt/beecrypt.h... yes
> checking for hashFunctionContextInit in -lbeecrypt... no
> configure: WARNING:
> ****
> **** 'beecrypt' could not be found;
> **** this will disable the build of 'vhashify'
> ****

hmm, well, libbeecrypt6-devel-3.1.0-5mdk works fine
here and so did beecrypt2-dev 2.2.0-pre1-5 on some
debian system ... maybe debian sid did remove/add/
change some stuff recently?

anyway the config.log should give some more hints
there .. at least for Enrico ...

btw, did I mention to file a bug report on Savannah?