From: Enrico Scholz (enrico.scholz_at_informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)
Date: Sun 24 Jul 2005 - 22:59:16 BST

bipsen-dated-1122826378.8be4cf_at_andebakken.dk (Brian Ipsen) writes:

> I'm trying to install a WBEL4 client OS via yum (the RPM list has been
> attached here).

The rpm list does not matter (and is ignored by the '-m yum' method).

> Unfortunately, I have some issues with a messages, that pops up during
> installation.

It's only a message... because yum does not do proper error-handling,
the installation will succeed nevertheless.

> I'm not quite sure, whether this warnings/errors shows up due to
> missing dependency settings in the RPM - or it could be an issue with
> installing via RPM...

This happens because the rpm package has bad assumptions regarding the
availability of the rpmdb in %scriptlets. Because of security reasons,
this rpmdb is hidden and 'chown /var/lib/rpm/[A-Z]*' will not find a
file where it can operate on.

> The errors I get are:
>
> /bin/chown: cannot access `/var/lib/rpm/[A-Z]*': No such file or directory

A workaround would be, to add a

| touch "$vdir"/.rpmdb/FORTYTWO

or (better, but untested)

| ( cd "$vdir" && $_CHROOT_SH append /var/lib/rpm/FORTYTWO </dev/null )

to the 'initpre' script of your distribution.

Enrico