From: Brian Ipsen (bipsen-dated-1122743514.60f87d_at_andebakken.dk)
Date: Sat 23 Jul 2005 - 18:11:52 BST

Hi,

> >>Next, I have an issue with the setup in general... I mount
> >>/vservers/dns-int as a lvm-partition ..

> > Sorry; not supported yet.

> Well, we have several vservers (60 and more on 20 servers+)
> set up like this (either a globale LVM /vservers partition or
> one LVM partition by vserver /lvm/vservers/dns, etc.) and we
> never had any trouble.
>
> Can you describe your setup as well as the ouptut of
> lvdisplay, vgdisplay, fstab, etc. ?

# lvdisplay
File descriptor 3 left open
File descriptor 5 left open
File descriptor 7 left open
  --- Logical volume ---
  LV Name /dev/volgrp1/dns-ext
  VG Name volgrp1
  LV UUID DvVg6C-pHWx-JAMI-Ggwd-Zabv-O2bZ-m8tTao
  LV Write Access read/write
  LV Status available
  # open 1
  LV Size 2,00 GB
  Current LE 64
  Segments 1
  Allocation inherit
  Read ahead sectors 0
  Block device 253:0

  --- Logical volume ---
  LV Name /dev/volgrp1/dns-int
  VG Name volgrp1
  LV UUID HKF0el-Flal-K2Br-kDnP-FsML-zDGk-7toVCr
  LV Write Access read/write
  LV Status available
  # open 1
  LV Size 2,00 GB
  Current LE 64
  Segments 1
  Allocation inherit
  Read ahead sectors 0
  Block device 253:1

# vgdisplay
File descriptor 3 left open
File descriptor 5 left open
File descriptor 7 left open
  --- Volume group ---
  VG Name volgrp1
  System ID
  Format lvm2
  Metadata Areas 1
  Metadata Sequence No 3
  VG Access read/write
  VG Status resizable
  MAX LV 0
  Cur LV 2
  Open LV 2
  Max PV 0
  Cur PV 1
  Act PV 1
  VG Size 7,41 GB
  PE Size 32,00 MB
  Total PE 237
  Alloc PE / Size 128 / 4,00 GB
  Free PE / Size 109 / 3,41 GB
  VG UUID gsaR3l-U8hZ-ch5g-hvYh-2O2b-xGx3-E5vUA7

# cat /etc/fstab | grep volgrp1
/dev/volgrp1/dns-ext /vservers/dns-ext ext3 defaults 1 2
/dev/volgrp1/dns-int /vservers/dns-int ext3 defaults 1 2

Even though I'm using "--force", it still complaints and tries to rename the
mountpoint...

2nd: I'm not sure why the vg-commands reports those file descriptor
messages, but assume it's a minor issue...

Regards,
/Brian