From: Brian Ipsen (bipsen-dated-1122658287.ef7c9a_at_andebakken.dk)
Date: Fri 22 Jul 2005 - 18:31:25 BST

Hi,

> > After upgrading to v2.0-rc8.1 and installing utils 0.30.208 I get
> > this error dusing startup of my server:
> >
> > Starting v_httpd: exec --ip eth0 /etc/init.d/httpd start
> > /usr/lib/util-vserver/vsysvwrapper: line 44: exec: --:
> invalid option
> >
> > Any idea what is going wrong ??
>
> sounds like a bug in 0.30.208, IIRC, the v_* helpers were
> considered for removal or so .. maybe they have been removed
> and your old ones do not work with the new tools ... didn't
> get to check it yet but will do so soon ...

I haven't considered that option myself - I'm so used to having the
"wrapper" scripts ;-)

In general, I think it could be a good idea to have a chapter in the INSTALL
file regarding upgrading from previous versions (especially if there are
changes, which requires "reverting" back to to old init.d script and
removing the wrapper scipts)...

Regards,
Brian