From: Nicolas Costes (nicolas.costes_at_iut-laroche.univ-nantes.fr)
Date: Wed 13 Jul 2005 - 15:08:01 BST

Le Mercredi 13 Juillet 2005 15:37, Enrico Scholz a écrit :
> nicolas.costes_at_iut-laroche.univ-nantes.fr (Nicolas Costes) writes:
> > make[3]: Entering directory
> > `/usr/src/RPM/BUILD/util-vserver-0.30.207' ...
> > PASS: src/testsuite/chcontext-test
> > Invalid IP number or host name 'localhost'
>
> 'localhost' can not be resolved. Depending on your distribution,
> /etc/hosts might not be created during the vserver-build phase
> and without configured networking (existing ip, /etc/resolv.conf)
> this test will fail.

Thanks, Bertl and Enrico !

I modified the vserver by adding/filling these files:

/etc/vservers/build-10.2
|-- interfaces
| `-- 0
| |-- dev
| |-- ip
| |-- name
| `-- prefix

Then filled vi /etc/hosts:

172.16.xx.xx build-10.2 localhost

And it works :

PASS: lib/testsuite/cflags
PASS: lib/testsuite/personality
PASS: lib/testsuite/fmt
PASS: lib/testsuite/parselimit
PASS: src/testsuite/vunify-functest
PASS: src/testsuite/chcontext-test
PASS: src/testsuite/chbind-test
PASS: src/testsuite/vunify-test.sh
PASS: ensc_vector/testsuite/test1
PASS: ensc_vector/testsuite/test2
PASS: lib_internal/testsuite/filecfg-ml
PASS: lib_internal/testsuite/copy-check
PASS: lib_internal/testsuite/sigbus
All 13 tests passed

So, what would be the cleaner solution to avoid having an IP while
building utils-vserver ? Apart from modifying the SPEC file, that is. Or
may this be the best solution ?

--
  ,,
 (°>   Nicolas Costes