From: Nicolas Costes (nicolas.costes_at_iut-laroche.univ-nantes.fr)
Date: Tue 12 Jul 2005 - 14:07:54 BST

Hello, all !

I've been running a vserver host (2.6.9-vs1.9.3) for several months now
(~6), and it never failed or something. Ok, the load is quite low
(~0.00 ;-)), but there is 10 vs in it, for Cups printing, samba sharing,
MySQL, Apache, etc... Providing services for 4 people (Hence he load).

It's now server-kill time, and i'm reinstalling/upgrading all my file
servers. I thought it was time to try the latest version of
linux-vserver, but I know that it's still RC (6, IIRC). Well, I'm
planning to turn all my file servers in vserver hosts, then create one or
more vservers in it to perform the same task they did before. But with
the advantage to have the possibility to create vservers here or there to
fit the needs...

So, is it reasonable to do this, knowing that once done, it'll be locked
for an entire year ? Are VS2.0 mature/stable enough ?

One last: Are there any important changes that may make 2.0 work
differently than 1.9.3 ? Do I have to learn again all from the
start ;-) ?

Thanks.

--
  ,,