From: Oliver Welter (mail_at_oliwel.de)
Date: Sun 10 Jul 2005 - 17:29:19 BST

Hi Folks,

I have a problem with ntp running on a vServer Kernel - I dont know if
vServer is the Problem but I dont have another idea...

Im running gentoo with kernel 2.6.11.7-grsec2.1.5-vs2.0pre1 and 0.30.205
tools.

I run openntpd, in the debug log I see
reply from 62.94.26.10: offset 6.151850 delay 0.067772, next query 30s
adjusting local clock by 6.134870s

but the local time is NOT adjusted - you can see this as the clock difts
away more and more....

My kernel config has proc security enabled and vprocunhide was called on
startup...
CONFIG_VSERVER=y
#
# Linux VServer
#
CONFIG_VSERVER_LEGACY=y
CONFIG_VSERVER_LEGACYNET=y
CONFIG_VSERVER_PROC_SECURE=y

Anyone here has an idea ?

Oliver

--
Diese Nachricht wurde digital unterschrieben
oliwel's public key: http://www.oliwel.de/oliwel.crt