From: Björn Steinbrink (B.Steinbrink_at_gmx.de)
Date: Sun 26 Jun 2005 - 15:17:09 BST

James, if you didn't get the original mail, please let me know. Your
email address on http://www.karrot-x.net/jamesd/ misses the 'g' in
"gmail", so my first send attempt failed and I don't know whether the
bounce suceeded.

On 2005.06.26 14:24:20 +0100, Martin wrote:
> I don't claim to be an expert but there are a few things that you might
> have missed.
>
> > Access Network resources: Yes, configurable on ip address level.
> Can also select which of the interfaces the vserver's ip(s) are on.
>
> > Single Point of Maintenance: I guess yes, but I don't get the question,
> > I'm not a native speaker ;)
> I think what they probably mean is - 'is there one machine / system /
> interface from which all of the servers can be administrated' - the
> answer is then yes.
>
> > Can send signals.... : No
> Within a vserver - yes, between them - no.

The question was about sending signals between vservers, thus the three
dots, i've been too lazy ;)

> > Can be a NFS server: IIRC only one NFS server per real box, that one can
> > also be in a vserver.
> Hmmm... any / as many as you want of the machines can run user space NFS
> servers. Generally the kernel NFS server shouldn't really be used, but
> I think with the right permissions it could be used from any of the
> vservers, but it's really not a good idea.

Hm, IIRC I've heard of some problems with the port mapper, but maybe
that was some special case, never used NFS myself.

Björn