From: Frédéric Jolliton (news_at_frederic.jolliton.com)
Date: Sat 25 Jun 2005 - 20:52:36 BST

Hi,

While testing vcontext to remove dependencies on deprecated chcontext
(chcontext-compat) in my own Python scripts to handle vservers, I was
wondering why vcontext either create new context ID (--create) *or*
switch to an existing ID (--migrate), but doesn't allow to specify an
ID, and create if it don't already exist and otherwise just join it,
just like chcontext do actually (sort of --create-or-migrate). I mean,
creating context ID on the fly if we try to join it.

What's the rationale behind that ?

I can just change the kernel patch to support that.. but I guess there
is a particular reason for this behavior. I could also try first to
--migrate then try --create if that fail, but it's not atomic.

Maybe I'm missing something (but I found nothing in Wiki about that.)

--
Frédéric Jolliton