From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Thu 23 Jun 2005 - 22:21:28 BST

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 12:36:29PM -0500, Matthew Nuzum wrote:
> > > I just thought you might like a glimpse of one other way someone is
> doing
> > this
> > > sort of thing.
> >
> > hmm, you sure you know what linux-vserver 2.6/vs2.0 can do?
> >
> > anyway, thanks for the input!
> >
> > best,
> > Herbert
> >

> :-[

> I guess I don't... I'm running out of hardware to experiment with, so I
> haven't been playing with the new stuff too much.

you can get a feeling by reading my paper or
just looking at the version matrix ...

http://linux-vserver.org/Linux-VServer-Paper
http://linux-vserver.org/Release+FAQ

> You know, if a distro wanted to get some media attention, they could put
> some effort behind the vserver project and roll it into their distro as an
> optional module with a nice config tool.

probably ...

> Of course, I don't know if vserver can be built as an optional module, I've

module is not really an option, we change too many
things which are not covered by LSM hooks or such

> only built it into a vanilla kernel, but still... they could raise a lot of
> hype and woo some enterprise (aka paying customer) market share, I think.

only time will tell ...