From: Oliver Dietz (o.dietz_at_arcor.de)
Date: Thu 23 Jun 2005 - 11:54:44 BST

Hi,

>> > I use SuSE SLES 9 guests, except I cheated.
>
>> Wow, thats great! Exactly what i need!
>>
>> i've tried that one week ago (with suse 9.2 prof.) ...
>>
>> (1) made 2 partitions
>> (2) installed suse to each partition (making 2 minimal installations)
>> (3) used the one as vserver-host, the other as a template for a vserver
>> (4) deploy-vserver ... skeleton
>> (5) copied the template to there
>> (6) replaced fstab
>> (7) done some thinks i don't remind
>
> Yep I think 7) is where the problem is :) Luckily I remember what I
> did....
> mostly! The main problems are because of the way SuSE init works.

ok, started from the beginning - seem's to work now :-))

> 1) edit the main init script /vservers/<foo>/etc/init.d/rc and after the
> initial comment, add:
> RUNLEVEL="$1"

ok, this was the point i didn't do ...

> 2) edit the /vservers/<foo>/etc/init.d/network script and put some "exit
> 0"'s in it. Otherwise you get a hang on vserver startup/shutdown when the
> guest tries to flush the interfaces/addresses or something.

hm, i had to comment-out and disable some other stuff ... things like
hotplug-scan-on-boot and boot-logging to /dev/console (which does not exist
inside a vserver) ... but no problem - the errors while vserver-start have
pointed me in the right direction ;-)

Again, thx very much!
Oliver