From: Harald Sauff (sff_at_gmx.de)
Date: Wed 15 Jun 2005 - 00:51:58 BST

> If you WERE to go ahead with it, you may have to resort to using
> eth0:0 and
> eth0:1, as I'm not sure how to assign eth1 in a user-mode process,
> (I'm only
> really familiar with tun/tap, literally only just installing
> vserver at this
> time after playing with uml) and I'm sure someone else will fill
> you in on
> that.

I did a setup as follows:

Router/Firewall in a UML. UML gets full access to eth0 (with the DSL-
modem). On the internal network-device of the UML I connected the TAP-
Device with a virtual bridge (brctl). Connected to the bridge is the
internal physical network-device eth1. Now the VServers share the
networkdevice br0 together with the machines that are connected to
eth1. Works fine... ;)

Harry