From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Tue 31 May 2005 - 10:29:23 BST

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 02:06:49AM -0700, gary ng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having some strange problem with exim4 in 1.2.10.
> If I don't specify address/interface for it to bind,
> it would try all address and stalled at 127.0.0.1. I
> can only tell it to bind the assigned ip.
>
> But for other service like sshd/slapd, it seems that
> it works as expected, i.e. I can access both the
> assigned ip as well as 127.0.0.1.

probably _all_ ips work, just exim might be 'confused'
by local connections comming from <guest ip> instead
of 127.0.0.1 (which is absolutely fine regarding linux
networking, but a little unusual for apps doing dubious
security checks)

> What would be the possible cause for this ?

linux-vserver with the legacy networking does a remapping
of 127.0.0.1 to the first IP assigned to a guest ...