From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Thu 12 May 2005 - 05:16:16 BST

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 10:15:41AM +0800, Wai Phang wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am running debian sarge kernel 2.6.8 i686. I managed to setup
> everything and everything works fine except for 3 instances.
>
> 1. Whenever I start/stop my guest vserver, i get
>
> WARNING: can not find configuration, assuming legacy method

which is a good indication that you are using
a linux-vserver guest with a legacy config
(i.e. single file vs. directory tree)

> 2. Whenever i stop my guest vserver, i get
>
> chcontext: vc_new_s_context(): Invalid argument

which is probably caused by using dynamic context
ids (which are depreciated) instead of static ones
(i.e. no S_CONTEXT= in your config)

> 3. Occasionally, i get this error with util-vserver. (Using 0.30.204-5)
>
> chattr: Function not implemented while setting flags on /var/lib/vservers

hmm ... might occasionally be related to not
having booted with a vserver enabled kernel?

> Also, how can i verify my installation is correct. I have run the
> testme.sh file and everything shows up fine.
>
> Finally, do i need to enable Virtual block device for my kernel?

not if you are not planning to use quota inside
your vserver guest ...

> Really appreciate someone help me with these. TIA!

HTH,
Herbert