From: intrigeri (intrigeri_at_boum.org)
Date: Wed 11 May 2005 - 10:19:43 BST

Hello,

I want to monitor my vservers with security tools running on the host
system ; the problem is : not all the existing tools are able to do
so. Here are the results of my first tests. I'd be happy to learn
which tools you use, how they are vserver-compliant.

---+ not working

tiger (system security vulnerabilities reporter)
http://www.nongnu.org/tiger/
Argh, the various used paths are hardcoded :/
Any alternative solution ?

---+ working

logcheck (log anomalies reporter)
http://logcheck.org/
Works ok, at least on Debian : just add the vserver logs to
/etc/logcheck/logcheck.logfiles

rkhunter (rootkit hunter)
http://www.rootkit.nl/projects/rootkit_hunter.html
Works ok, thanks to the --rootdir option

chkrootkit (rootkit hunter)
http://www.chkrootkit.org/
Works ok, thanks to the -r option

Ciao,