From: Gaz Wilson (dragon_at_dragons.org.uk)
Date: Tue 03 May 2005 - 17:56:19 BST

On Tue, 3 May 2005, Herbert Poetzl wrote:

> On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 05:46:41PM +0100, Gaz Wilson wrote:
> >
> > Can it be done?
> >
> > I have a NFS server (NOT a vserver, a real host) exporting a filesystem.
> >
> > >From the host machine I can mount the directory fine.
> >
> > >From within the vserver, I cannot - no error is produced anywhere and no
> > traffic reaches the NFS server. The mount command just sits there, aprarently
> > doing nothing (strace isn't available at the moment to test that)
> >

> > This is on Debian, Sarge.
> >
> > Help please!!! :)
>
> you have to disable XID tagging for the vserver patched
> kernel or update to vs2.0-pre4 and disable NFS Tagging
> support there ... also I'd strongly advise to use tcp
> connections instead of udp ...
>
> (or alternatively you can use an xid aware nfs server)
>
> HTH,
> Herbert

Hiya Herbert!

I have the following compiled in:

#
# Linux VServer
#
CONFIG_VSERVER_LEGACY=y
CONFIG_VSERVER_PROC_SECURE=y
# CONFIG_VSERVER_HARDCPU is not set
# CONFIG_INOXID_NONE is not set
# CONFIG_INOXID_UID16 is not set
# CONFIG_INOXID_GID16 is not set
CONFIG_INOXID_UGID24=y
# CONFIG_INOXID_INTERN is not set
# CONFIG_INOXID_RUNTIME is not set
# CONFIG_VSERVER_DEBUG is not set

Does your comment refer to the CONFIG_INOXID_UGID24=y, as as you can see all
other XID is already disabled.

Thanks for your help

Gary

--
   /           Gary Wilson, aka dragon/dragonlord/dragonv480            \
 .'(_.------.  e: dragon_at_northernscum.org.uk MSN: dragonv480   .------._)`.