From: Werner Schalk (werner_schalk_at_gmx.de)
Date: Tue 03 May 2005 - 09:55:39 BST

Hi,

I re-installed all the vserver stuff and rebuild my images, however my problem
still exists. After starting a copied vserver I get:

# vserver test321 start
 * Caching service dependencies...
 * Setting DNS domainname to network.local...
[ ok ]
 * Starting syslog-ng...
[ ok ]
Couldnt get a file descriptor referring to the console
 * Error loading key mappings
/sbin/rc: line 250: rc_splash: command not found
[ !! ]

 * Mounting network filesystems...
[ ok ]
 * Starting vixie-cron...
[ ok ]
 * Starting local...

My system is Gentoo, and I am still using util-vserver X on
2.6.11-rc3-vs1.9.4. My USE flags do include "vserver" and portage overlay is
set to /usr/local/portage (both inside the vserver). When I execute mc inside
the vserver I also get "mc subshell.c: couldn't open master side of pty
pty_open_master: No such file or directory"

Any ideas what might cause this? Bene?

Bye and thanks,
Werner