From: Oliver Dietz (o.dietz_at_arcor.de)
Date: Fri 29 Apr 2005 - 20:13:25 BST

Hi Arjen,

>> Is there a tool (like testme.sh) that tests the common (maybe also
>> uncommon)
>> possibilities of misconfigurations (like the capabilities and
>> chroot-exploids) from inside the VServer?
>
> You should have a look at the bastille linux project, as far as I know
> this
> is a script that can harden but also (taken from
> http://www.bastille-linux.org/)
> <snip>
> Bastille can also assess a system's current state of hardening, granularly
> reporting on each of the security settings with which it works.
> </snip>
>
> (I don't think running it inside a vserver will be an issue since I
> understood it should not be able to escape the context its running in.)

hm ... after a short overview, i dont't think its what i want ...

I've tried to run it on Suse 9.2 ... unsupported at the moment
And inside my vserver it doesn't recognize the OS (how could it be ... its
an LFS http://www.linuxfromscratch.org ;-))

Thanks for the tip - it an interesting project, will try it asap on a Suse
9.1 :-))
Oliver