From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Wed 27 Apr 2005 - 15:09:18 BST

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 11:17:15AM +0530, sukrit wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 00:15 +0200, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
>
> > which vunify command are we talking about (tools/version)?
>
> vunify version 0.30

I assume it is part of util-vserver 0.30 ...

the source code there has the following comments

/*
        This utility is used to unify (using hard links) two or more
        virtual servers.
        It compares the each vserver with the first one and for every
        common package (RPM, same version), it does a hard link on non
        configuration file. It turns the file immutable after that.
*/

and a help text:

vunify [ options ] reference-server vservers ... -- packages
vunify [ options ] reference-server vservers ... -- ALL

--test: Show what will be done, do not do it.
--undo: Put back the file in place, using copies from the
        reference server.
--debug: Prints some debugging messages.
--noflags: Do not put any immutable flags on the file
--immutable: Set the immutable_file bit on the files.
--immutable-mayunlink: Sets the immutable_link flag on files.

--excldir: None of the files under a given directory will be unified
        The directory is expressed in absolute/logical form (relative
        to the vserver root (ex: /var/log)

--incldir: All the files under a given directory will be unified
        The directory is expressed in absolute/logical form (relative
        to the vserver root (ex: /var/log)

By default, the immutable_file and immutable_link flags are
set on the files. So if you want no immutable flags, you must
use --noflags. If you want a single flag, you must use
--noflags first, then the --immutable or --immutable-mayunlink
flag.

> > > Also, is there any documentation available on vunify?
> >
> > depending on the version, yes and no ...
>
> So is there any documentation available for vunify version 0.30.

except for the information above, no ...

HTH,
Herbert