From: Gilles (gilles_at_harfang.homelinux.org)
Date: Tue 26 Apr 2005 - 11:58:04 BST

Hello.

> > # vserver phony start
> > vcontext: vc_create_context(): File exists
>
> Take a look at vserver-stat output.

# vserver-stat
CTX PROC VSZ RSS userTIME sysTIME UPTIME NAME
0 115 0.9G 146.3K 38m18s83 1h40m52 21h55m35 root server

> The init process is still running.

Doesn't seem so (?)

> Somewhere between 1.9.5 and 2.0pre1 we enhanced the fakeinit support.
> This included session group virtualization, but also init protection,
> i.e. you can't get rid of init without kernel support. What you need to
> do is sending the kill signal via vkill:
> vkill --xid <xid> -s 9 -- 1
> The tools don't do that yet, thus init will keep running. Sorry that I
> didn't think of that when writing my last mail.

# cat phony/context
99

# vkill --xid 99 -s 9 -- 1
vkill: vc_ctx_kill(): No such process

:-(

# vserver phony start
vcontext: vc_create_context(): File exists

An error occured while executing the vserver startup sequence; when
there are no other messages, it is very likely that the init-script
(/sbin/init) failed.

Common causes are:
* /etc/rc.d/rc on Fedora Core 1 and RH9 fails always; the 'apt-rpm' build
  method knows how to deal with this, but on existing installations,
  appending 'true' to this file will help.

Failed to start vserver 'phony'

:-((

Gilles