From: Dariush Pietrzak,,, (eyck_at_ghost.anime.pl)
Date: Sat 23 Apr 2005 - 09:49:15 BST

> I'm trying to install a package in a Debian vserver,
> but the configuration script ends with
>
> kill -s HUP 1
 runit does that, this used to put this package in 'uninstallable' state,
because author assumed that kill -HUP 1 always succeeds.
 This is a mistake on packager's side. You can play with fakeinit to solve
the situation, but in general software author should be educated.
(and it's not like it's vserver-only issue, there are other legitimate
reasons why 'kill 1' would fail).
 Free software used to be about quality, and if you raised such issue to
software author she used to happily fix it... not always the case now.

--
Key fingerprint = 40D0 9FFB 9939 7320 8294  05E0 BCC7 02C4 75CC 50D9
We're giving you a new chance in life, and an opportunity