From: Michal Ludvig (michal_at_logix.cz)
Date: Mon 11 Apr 2005 - 23:46:12 BST

Enrico Scholz wrote:
> Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at> writes:
>
>>what if we implement the _syscall3 for all known platforms
>>in a proper way, and feed them back to glibc/kernel headers
>>as well as integrate them into dietlibc and/or util-vserver?
>

> The kernel (resp. projects like [1] which provide sanitized
> headers) would be the right place for such changes. But there
> will pass much time before you can rely on it. These headers
> are/should not be provided by libc implementations.

E.g. glibc.rpm from SUSE Linux 9.2 contains _syscall3() for both x86 and
amd64. I'm not sure if it was in the original glibc-2.3.3 tarball or
only added later by SUSE. Anyway this macro is unlikely to change and
could safely be in the headers, why not?

Michal Ludvig

--
* Personal homepage: http://www.logix.cz/michal