From: Gaz Wilson (dragon_at_dragons.org.uk)
Date: Wed 06 Apr 2005 - 16:45:24 BST

Hi!

Just a short note to let you know that under some circumstances, Debian
offers for you to link /bin/sh to a shell called dash, which is supposed
to be a faster, smaller bash. Unfortunately dash is incompatible with
some of the vserver scripts - most notably vserver-copy breaks terribly
when /bin/sh is symlinked to dash.

I'm not sure if it's worth re-writing the scripts to cater for dash as I
don't know how popular it will become - certainly it looks like a new
addition to Debian as I have only been asked about this on my most
recent server builds (I use Debian Sarge, and I think the question comes
about as a result of a recent apt-upgrade).

If this is deemed insignificant, then at least we know about it know so
maybe it could be added to a trouble shooting section on the website? At the
very least the fact it'll be in the mailling list archive might help some
poor soul in the future who might think things are just broken - it took
me a couple of hours to figure out whats going on here ;)

Cheers

GW

--
   /           Gary Wilson, aka dragon/dragonlord/dragonv480            \
 .'(_.------.  e: dragon_at_northernscum.org.uk MSN: dragonv480   .------._)`.