From: eschler_at_global.de
Date: Tue 05 Apr 2005 - 09:40:39 BST

try to build your vservers in loopback devices.

e.g.:
dd bs=1024k if=/dev/zero of="IMAGE NAME" count="SIZE IN MB"
losetup /dev/loop0 "IMAGE NAME"
mkfs.ext3 /dev/loop0
mount /dev/loop0 "VSERVER DIR"
install-fc1 "VSERVER DIR" minimum

for backing up just umount your image and copy it to a different destination.

i made that from a athlon architecture 2.4.27-vs1.29 to a celeron architecture 2.6.11-vs1.95 and it worked for
me (Fedora Core1 Vserver).