From: Paul S. Gumerman (psg_at_cooldog.com)
Date: Mon 28 Mar 2005 - 15:09:01 BST

Enrico --- thanks for the quick help.

The kernel is compiled with SELINUX, but also compiled with SELINUX
disabled.

The thing is, this was all working fine a short time ago; I'm completely
boggled! Should I recompile with those CFLAGS next, or what?

Enrico Scholz wrote:

>psg_at_cooldog.com ("Paul S. Gumerman") writes:
>

>>I tried to start loco-reference, but got the message "an error
>>occurred .... very likely that initscript faild ...." with no other
>>details regarding just what had failed. When I started it again, I did
>>get the message that lines 1 and 3 in the fstab had failed because the
>>fs's were already mounted, so it did get that far, at least.
>>
>>I also found that I could no longer stop any of the running vservers.
>>The message was ".... still running unexpectedly. Please investigate
>>it manually."
>>
>>Running vserver-stat results in a Segmentaion fault.
>>

>Tracking this segfault would be helpfully. Do you see kernel messages
>(oops) there? Else, possible ways to trace it are:
>
>* chcontext --xid 1 strace vserver-stat
>* chcontext --xid 1 gdb vserver-stat --> r + bt

I tried these two ...

[root_at_vhost1 ~]# chcontext --xid 1 strace vserver-stat
New security context is 1
chcontext: execvp("strace"): Permission denied
[root_at_vhost1 ~]# chcontext --xid 1 gdb vserver-stat --> r + bt
chcontext: execvp("gdb"): Permission denied
[root_at_vhost1 ~]#

>>Ran "vserver fc3-reference hashify", which ran ok with one message
>>(sorry, can't recall it now).
>>

> The exact message would be helpful perhaps.

I know, I know ... sorry, but it only did it the one time, now I just
get the "vserver ... suexec" message. But obviously something bigger
than just vhashify problems is happening here, so I'm not too concerned
about this point at the moment.