From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Mon 07 Mar 2005 - 21:37:21 GMT

I'll start here since the word 'context' came up when tried researching
it.

I have a Dual PII/250 with 512/MB Ram, Adaptec 29160 SCSI host adapter,
IDE CDROM, dual NICs ( eth0 => LAN, eth1 => WAN ), Fedora Core 3 -- Linux
version 2.6.10-vs1.9.4 ( RPM built by OpenVPS ).

I created my reference vserver from a Fedora Core 3 minimal plus some
added packages and a little editing of some configuration files in the
reference vserver. The new vserver and the reference vserver were created
using a 'fixed' newvserver from Jacques' utilities. The PostgreSQL
vserver was created without unification.

I installed PostreSQL 8.0.1 from the PGDG RPMs. This required mx as I put
it all in. When I started PostgreSQL the first time ( after sorting out a
missing /etc/sysconfig/network file ) I got an error about /usr/bin/chcon
and permission denied.

The line out of /etc/rc.d/init.d/posrgresql ( with variables expanded ) is

[ -x /usr/bin/chcon ] && /usr/bin/chcon -t postgresql_log_t \
/var/lib/pgsql/pgstartup.log

Since the man page mentions changing the context I though this list was
a good first place to ask. I'll be hitting the PostgreSQL ADMIN list
next. The error message has not appeared again so I can't replicated it.
   Would this be a PostgreSQL issue or some setting I need to change in
the reference vserver or vserver itself before starting PostgreSQL? I
probably will only create a few Vservers for running PostgreSQL but
inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks for any input,
Rod