From: Nicolas Costes (nicolas.costes_at_iut-laroche.univ-nantes.fr)
Date: Sun 20 Feb 2005 - 18:54:31 GMT

Le dimanche 20 Février 2005 19:31, Micah Anderson a écrit :
> Herbert,
> This is a great honor, congratulations!
[...]
> I do not say all of this to dissuade you from taking this job, if you
> need to take it, you should, the decision is up to you. I for one
> would miss greatly Bertl if he was not around because he got vacuumed
> up by a company.
> micah

+1. I totally agree with the whole mail. (Not the only parts I quote here ;))

This job is really an opportunity for you. But for the vservers, it can be as
good (Company wanting to promote the project) as it can be bad (They want to
sink competition), with a large range between those two extremes.

You need to deeply discuss those facts with the company, and why not try to
secure the vservers' future in the job contract... My english is too bad when
it comes to that domain, but I can try to say it like this: "I agree to work
for you if you agree to support vservers developpement, instead of trying to
make them disappear, ie. use and promote the vservers technology in your
products, and respect the GPL".

Crap ! My english is really too bad to say what I think ;)

--
Les sociétés de l'an 2000 seront composées
d'un ordinateur, d'un homme et d'un chien.