From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Sun 20 Feb 2005 - 00:29:16 GMT

On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 10:39:32PM +0100, Jean Christophe wrote:
> Velu Erwan a écrit :
> >Velu Erwan a écrit :
> >
> >>Here come the patch I've made to be able to use the urpmi (an apt like
> >>tool) and the mandrakelinux distribution.
> >>This is the first version, I still have some work todo to add options
> >>to urpmi but this version has been tested with success.
> >>
> >Works better with the attachement :b

Thanks Erwan!

don't let language barriers get in your way! ;)

> So a mandrake user have now to:
> Download a new kernel from ftp://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/
> Patch the new kernel with: patch-2.6.10-vs1.9.4.diff from:
> http://www.13thfloor.at/vserver/d_rel26/v1.9.4/
> Patch the kernel again with: vserver-mandrake.patch
> Debug the kernel
> And Install the util-vserver-0.30.203.tar
> Is that right ?

basically Erwan's contribution/patch is a preliminary
support for the 'urpmi' tool which can be compared to
apt or yum (no distro war here please ;) from the util-vserver
side ... so once this has been evaluated I hope it will be
integrated into util-vserver aside with the existing support
for the other build methods ...