From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Fri 18 Feb 2005 - 18:43:51 GMT

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 04:19:22PM +0100, Andreas Vogt wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Herbert Poetzl wrote:
>

> > could it be that you have a mixed environment?
> >
> > i.e. 64bit kernel and 32bit userspace?
> >
> > if so, for now the util-vserver tools need to be
> > compiled as 64bit userspace too, if using 64bit
> > kernels, otherwise something like that will happen
> >

> OK, I did that. So vprocunhide and vserver-stat works so far.
>
> But now: I used to start my vservers using fakeinit.
> Starting it now, vserver stops immediately, as
> vserver runs /etc/rc.d/rc , and there the frist line is a comaprison of
> variables "PREVLEVEL" and "RUNLEVEL", which both are empty. So it stops.

hmm, somewhat expected, btw, you can configure
both values in the new config, but what you probably
want is to start an init, right?

> Using vserver 1.27 and util-vserver 0.29.4 I could start these vservers
> without probs (and I liked the idea of transfering the whole vserver on
> other machines without lot of screwing the system too much).

I'm pretty confident that starting these vservers
with their old (legacy) config will work out of the
box on a recent 1.9.x kernel ...

when you create a new style config, of course, you
have to adjust to the changes ...

> So what files will be really necessary in /etc/vservers/servername/ to get
> the behaviour as in older versions with servername.conf using fakeinit?

most likely you want the plain initstyle instead of
the sysv init style when you are starting an init

HTH,
Herbert