From: Andy Fletcher (andy_at_withnail.org)
Date: Thu 17 Feb 2005 - 00:51:21 GMT

> On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 09:33:12PM +0000, Andy Fletcher wrote:
>>
>> I'm trying to get vserver working with the 2.9.10 and the development
>> patches but just getting lots of segfaults all the time, randomly.

> no wonder, 2.9.10 will not be released anytime soon,
> you should not use patches from the future ... ;)

See what too much playing with vserver does to you? :) I meant 2.6.10 of
course.

>> The guides available on the vserver website have been followed and the
>> system will sometimes boot, but sometimes not.

> interesting ...

>> The kernel works fine without the patch so I'm pretty sure it's adding
>> vserver that causes it, but no idea how or why.

> okay, which patch, what kernel ...

Patch from: http://www.13thfloor.at/vserver/d_rel26/v1.9.4/patch-2.6.10-vs1.9.4.diff
Kernel is vanilla 2.6.10 from kernel.org

>> Not sure what additional information is needed or if anyone knows
>> about this and can offer any pointers.

You're probably going to nod knowingly when I tell you that I'm
currently running this Linux environment under VMWare, if that makes a
difference then please do let me know and I'll get it on some real
hardware ASAP and try again.

Andy