From: O. T. Suarez (otsuarez_at_casa.cult.cu)
Date: Mon 07 Feb 2005 - 20:43:51 GMT

Hi:
I have noted an (usually) strange situation regarding the tcp/ip
connections from within vservers.
The situation is like this:

host server with 192.168.1.1 ip
vserver with 192.168.1.2 ip

I cand do a telnet to a third server with ip 192.168.1.3 to the smtp
port (for example) from the host server as well as from the vserver.
The problem is that both times, if I do a netstat -na on the third
server, I would see two connections from the 192.168.1.1 ip. The host
system is masquerading the vserver connections.
I don't think that should standard behaviour, then, what can be happening?
I'm running Debian with kernel 2.4.27-vs1.29 (I have iptables compiled
in the kernel but the vservers doesn't have the module).
Regards,
Osvaldo