From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Mon 31 Jan 2005 - 23:38:12 GMT

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 12:14:40AM +0100, Enrico Scholz wrote:
> herbert_at_13thfloor.at (Herbert Poetzl) writes:
>
> > here is some other stuff to think about ;)
> >
> > http://linux-vserver.org/ToDo+List+Tools
>
> | * make a 'clone' build method
> |
> | which allows to clone an existing vserver (with modified options)
>
> I would like to have a generic CLI tool which modifies the
> configuration, before I implement this method. 'vcopy' needs
> testing also; especially for the not-link-but-copy and
> skipped-files cases.

guess folks will test is immediatly when it is available
until now the tools do not know about it, right?

> | * fix: /etc/vservers/vserver-name/ulimits
> |
> | This configuration will be honored for kernel 2.4 only. why?
>
> Does this still make sense with vlimits? With 2.6 the host is
> protected by 'vlimits' against excessive cpu/memory usage of
> guests; the guests can limit their processes with 'ulimits' which
> does not need configuration on the host.

nevertheless somebody might want to set some initial
values there ... after all there seems no way to
specify this for the init process or the sevices ...

> | * rpm-list based build method
>
> Ok; it is in CVS. But I do not think that this method makes
> much sense in the age of apt, yum or smartpm (support is not
> implemented yet).

it makes sense for some folks, otherwise they would
not ask for it, right?

> | * config options change method (no rebuild or whatever)
>
> ???

if you want to change an option specified on vserver
creation (like --interface or --flags) it would be
really nice if the tools could do that for your, maybe
with add/replace functionality ...

TIA,
Herbert