From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Mon 31 Jan 2005 - 09:12:52 GMT

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 09:25:28AM +0100, Enrico Scholz wrote:
> herbert_at_13thfloor.at (Herbert Poetzl) writes:

Hi Enrico!

> > access("/var/lib/run/vservers.rev/2", F_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
> > hmm .. but there is
> >
> > /var/run/vservers.rev/2
>
> mmh... seems to be caused by different ideas about
> %_localstatedir in the RH and Mandrake world...
>
> I will remove 'run.rev' as a vserver-local setting and make it a
> a system-wide option.

okay, that pretty much explains it ...

> > any idea how that can be different on 2.6/1.9?
>
> As said, 2.6 does not use the 'run.rev' mechanism but vuname for
> the XID -> vserver mapping.

could you also look into the patch (from my mail ;)
and add something like that (or modify the vshelper
to _not_ require a valid run.rev/vuname for .default
delegate helpers)?

btw, a new 0.30.197 or even better a prerelease for
a stable version would be appreciated I guess ...

let me know when you got some time ...

TIA,
Herbert