From: Torsten Kurbad (torsten_at_tk-webart.de)
Date: Fri 28 Jan 2005 - 19:59:01 GMT

Hi Werner,

On Friday, January 28, 2005 at 5:57:08 PM, Werner Schalk wrote:
> I am trying to get my vserver running on Gentoo and when I try to start it I
> get the following error message:

That's not just one, but a whole bunch of error messages... ;o)
In your case the mistake is that your vserver tries to do forbidden stuff,
that should be properly setup BEFORE it's start by a shell script or a
collection of these. To prevent this you have to change some of the
init-scripts gentoo uses.
If you are patient, you may read about a successful Gentoo setup (thanks,
Herbert :o) next week here (Unfortunately, I can't write this text before
Wednesday):

http://vserver.strahlungsfrei.de/tiki-index.php?page=VServerGentoo2.6

If you are impatient, read at least these pages, they should give you a good
start:

http://vserver.strahlungsfrei.de/tiki-index.php?page=VServerGentooNew

My solution is more general and I'll pleed on bugs.gentoo.org for inclusion
in the portage-tree as soon as generalized everything ready...

Regards,
Torsten