From: Lars E. D. Jensen (lars_at_dangvard.dk)
Date: Tue 18 Jan 2005 - 09:33:01 GMT

Hi list

I'm running a qmail mail server inside a vserver and it works great using
fakeinit so daemontools will work.

I want to replicate the vserver, but since qmails queue is depending on the
filesystem I guess the queue itself can't be replicated to another root
server?

Does anyone on this list have experience with replicating qmails queue inside
a vserver?

One way I think is the only way is to _not_ replicate the queue at all, and in
case of failure rebuild the queue on the other server. And pull out stuck
messages in the old queue manually.

Or is it possible to maintain how the exact same file system look in a
replicated vserver? Maybe by using xid tagging (quota)?
I should say that I don't know very much of the file system inside a vserver
yet :)

System:
Root OS: Debian woody
Vserver OS: Debian sarge