From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Thu 13 Jan 2005 - 18:56:18 GMT

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 06:49:16PM +0100, Nicolas Costes wrote:

> Hello, all !
>
> I use the last devel util-vserver tools (196 ?), and have setup a mandrake
> with:
> # vserver modele build -m skeleton --....(interfaces, etc...)
> Then:
> # urpmi --root /vservers/modele basesystem
>
> I get a 100Mb vserver. This method works with the stable tools.

I doubt that, as the stable tools do neither support the
build method you used, nor the resulting config ...

> Here, when I start my vserver, it tell me that it cannot find the
> device "eth0:modele".

could you provide the entire vserver modele build -m skeleton line?

> I know that with devel tools I got to create it myself, so

this is just wrong, the devel tools can create normal ip
addresses or 'legacy style' aliases or use existing ips
(it's just a matter of configuration)

> I've created (On the host)
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:modele.

really not necessary (but maybe fun to do ;)

> Then, I start this interface with "ifup eth0:modele", and
> "ifconfig" shows it to me...

expected ...

> But when I try again to start the vserver, I get the same
> error message as previously. What happens ?

unrelated, probably you got the config wrong (with the
build command) so that it tries to setup some device
which doesn't exist (eth0:modele)

HTH,
Herbert