From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Thu 13 Jan 2005 - 16:04:15 GMT

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 05:48:46AM -0800, shishir randive wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I am new to vserver , I want to know the
> details about the Hard CPU scheduler used by the
> vserver.

http://linux-vserver.org/Linux-VServer-Paper-06
(06.3)

> There is a very little information is
> available about the Hard CPU scheduler , So where can
> I get the detail information about the Hard CPU
> scheduler.

the best source is the source of course, so:

http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Experimental/split-vs1.9.3.14/14_sched.diff

> What algorithm is used by Hard CPU scheduler
> for Inter context and Intra context scheduling ?

as linux-vserver uses the existing scheduler for
_all_ process, regardless of inter or intra context,
the algorithms are basically the same as on the mainline
kernel ...

there are some ideas to refine the concept of the
hold queue by making it per context and cpu, so that
the corner cases (when too many processes are put on
hold) are handled better than now ...

HTH,
Herbert