From: Nicolas Costes (nicolas.costes_at_iut-laroche.univ-nantes.fr)
Date: Mon 10 Jan 2005 - 10:12:15 GMT

Le lundi 10 Janvier 2005 08:23, Lucas Albers a écrit :
> Herbert,
> Which Linux Host OS would you reccomend for a new users,
> as the easiest setup for a vserver configuration?
> I am not trying to start a religious war, just help out new users.

Well, the documentation is very small on about the actual vserver building
process... I spent all week-end building my first working vserver ! I
don't really complain, because I used the dev version of util-vservers,
which seems not to be fully functionnal (Using the Mandrake package;
The .tar.gz work when built manually, but not with "rpm -ta" because the
spec file seems to be made for RH).

Meantime, I finally managed to get a first starting vserver, using a FC2
image http://www.lycos-vds.com/dists/fedora20-2004102606.tar.bz2 ...

I now have a problem to make its network start, it seems that config files
are missing ("/etc/sysconfig/network" for example)... I thought that this
was made by the "vserver...build" command given its parameters ? Do I
have to edit manually all the network-related config files under the root
of the vserver ?

Moreover I thinks that I musn't use "eth0" for both my vserver and the
main host. Are aliases automatically created by the "vserver....build"
script ?

To make it simple, can someone give me a sample vserver creation command
line ? I mean, one that worked from the start ;-)

--
  ,,
 (°>   Nicolas Costes