From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Sun 05 Dec 2004 - 18:23:59 GMT

On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 08:01:08PM +0200, Alex Lyashkov wrote:
> ? ???, 05.12.2004, ? 19:16, Herbert Poetzl ?????:

> > > Where can we start testing? (where can we find the software?)
> >
> > best would be to pay a visit on the irc channel
> > (#vserver @ irc.oftc.net) when I'm there ...
> >
> > the software is here:
> > http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Experimental/NGNET/
> >
> please add "based at FreeVPS virtual network implementation".
> How i see - It`s code very very similar code from my&say -
> s_context_network.c and other freevps patches but I not see
> any comments about FreeVPS at her patch.

well, if that is so, then it just shows that similar
problems result in similar solutions ... and I would
suggest to compare it with your and says work, to
identify any possible bugs for FreeVPS and linux-vserver
but I have to say, that my work is completely independant
from your and says work, because I never managed to read
and understand the FreeVPS code ...

so the bottom line is:

NGNET code is _NOT_ based nor inspired by FreeVPS code
it's the result of a month looking at the 2.6 networking
code and thinking about possible solutions ...