From: Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy (grisha_at_ispol.com)
Date: Sun 05 Dec 2004 - 04:26:46 GMT

vs 1.9.3, util 0.30.196

Could someone shed some light on how reboot works? For the most part the
standard reboot commands seems to reboot a vserver, and looking at the
code it seems to have something to do with /sbin/vserver, but if I put
'exit' at the top of that script, the reboot still happens, so something
else is at work.... How does it work then?

Anyway, I'm relly just trying to figure out why sometimes when a vserver
is rebooted from within it does not come back, and when you start it
manually afterward, you get:

# vserver blah start
RTNETLINK answers: File exists
#

Anyone seen this?

PS if it matters, this is running using fakeinit and the standard
/sbin/init, the OS inside and outside vserver is FC2.

Thanks,

Grisha