From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Fri 03 Dec 2004 - 17:36:33 GMT

On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 03:16:15PM +0100, David Amiel wrote:
> Hi,

Hi David!

please avoid taking an arbitrary message and just
hitting reply, then change the subject, etc ...

this results in the following header:

which will categorize your message as 'reply' to
the previous one, and folks which use a threaded
mailer will see your 'new' post as a reply to some
other email ... which probably isn't what you want.

> My Kernel/Patch-Version is 2.4.26-vs1.27.
>
> I've a pair of servers (2x xeon 2.8 ghz, 1go RAM) which are running
> vservers under debian & redhat distributions. The load during busness
> hours is between 8 & 10.

which means that in average 9 processes are running

> Though servers are well responding I've 2 questions :
> 1/ does vserver patches modify in any way load computing ?

nope 2.4 patches do not modify the load in any way ...

> 2/ which is the higher acceptable load on a vserver server ?

in testing scenarios we had systems with a load of
200 and above, which where quite responsive ...

HTH,
Herbert