From: Lars E. D. Jensen (lars_at_dangvard.dk)
Date: Sun 28 Nov 2004 - 15:13:57 GMT

Hi list

I have a few newbie questions about using vservers.

How do I manage firewall/iptables per vserver?
Do I install it on every vserver, og is it possible to install on the host
server? What solution is the easiest to maintain?

How do I manage replicating when a MySQL is also running inside a vserver?
You cannot replicate MySQL by using rsync, so the vserver has to be "on" to
use MySQL internal replication feature.
Normally I setup MySQL on localhost for services on the server that need
access to a database.
Is it better to do external MySQL requests to another vserver only running
MySQL and then setup a MySQL slave inside a secondary vserver replicating the
first MySQL-only vserver?

Some like this:
Apache vserver <-> MySQL master vserver -> MySQL slave vserver

Is this a good solution, I seem to remember that MySQL requests are slow when
going through TCP layer and not a socket (on localhost)?

Thanks.

--
Med venlig hilsen