From: Oliver Welter (mail_at_oliwel.de)
Date: Fri 26 Nov 2004 - 12:29:14 GMT

Hi Mike,

Mike Fischer wrote:
> I had some problems with SuSE vserver.
>
> First of all, you will have to enable 'fakeinit' (I don't what the
> equivalent is in the alpha-tools). Without this, no processes are
> started on my (SuSE 8.2, 9.0, 9.1) Vservers.
>
> Then SuSE introduced some new bells and whistles to fail on you in 9.1.
> Look in /etc/sysconfig/boot and set RUN_PARALLEL to no

I followed a hint on the list and took the "rc" Skript from a redhat
disrto - now I can at least fire up the server but some of the services
still fail. But this will be easy to fix - hoepfully.

Oliver

--
Diese Nachricht wurde digital unterschrieben
oliwel's public key: http://www.oliwel.de/oliwel.crt