From: Oliver Welter (mail_at_oliwel.de)
Date: Fri 26 Nov 2004 - 10:48:49 GMT

Hi Herbert,

> try with a different guest (i.e. vserver image) first
> probably the suse 9.2 stuff needs some adaptations to
> work ...
>
> you can find some images here
> http://www.lycos-vds.com/dists/
> or create new ones with the alpha util-vserver tools ...

ok the Fedora image is working.

I tried to install Suse some different ways

vserver suse build -m skeleton + copying the Suse basepackes from the CD
(like in LinuxMagazin-Article in 01/2003)
-> nothing happens (if I enter "vserver suse start", the prompt returns
after a second and no other process are running)

vserver suse build -m legacy
-> same as above

vserver suse build -m copy
/usr/local/lib/util-vserver/vserver-build: line 121:
/usr/local/lib/util-vserver/vserver-build.copy: No such file or directory

Even tried gentoo (unpacking the base system to server root, diabling
all boot scripts...)
-> same as above....

So any hints, ideas? I think that it has something to do with the
Runlevel Config but I dont have an idea what to do....

Oliver

--
Diese Nachricht wurde digital unterschrieben
oliwel's public key: http://www.oliwel.de/oliwel.crt