From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Mon 22 Nov 2004 - 18:34:04 GMT

I've been trying to follow what is going on with Linux-vserver but the
threads get a little too 'quote-y' and I do get out of my depth when it
comes to a good portion of the kernel stuff.

I getting ready to build a new Linux-verver but I'm wondering how much
I'll have to un-/re-learn as far as intallation, configuration,
administration goes; if I go for the 2.6 kernel version. I feel fairly
confident using the configuration utilities from Jacques and the, what
appears to be, backward compatibility of the new utililties Enrico is
doing. But my understanding from the last few weeks of messages lead me
to think there are some significant changes that will _not_ allow me to
use my current knowledge and skills and more importantly simply upgrade my
existing Linux-ververs to the 2.6 kernel.

How are those that do more use-than-develop dealing with this? Or is it
even an issue?

TIA,
Rod